NERISSA KRISHNAN – MARKETING MANAGER
Being organized and punctual is probably one of the most important traits of someone hoping to fulfill this role. My type of personality is well suited for the marketing manager role, leadership roles and anything else demanding efficiency. So, it’s not a surprise that I started out doing a writing apprenticeship here at INKFISH before I came to take up this position, which I really enjoy.
Nationality: South African.
Place of residence: Cape Town, South Africa.
With INKFISH since: April 2019
- MM start course certificate (INKFISH)
- MM Foundation Phase certificate (INKFISH)
- MM Social Media (IG) certificate (INKFISH)
- Basics of Creative Writing certificate; Advanced Creative Writing certificate (SA Writers College)
- Website CMS systems: WordPress, WordPress Gravity forms, SquareSpace
- Email newsletter platforms: MailChimp
- Social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Medium, Quora, Google My Business, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Virtual collaboration platforms: Trello, Flock, Slack, Dropbox, Google forms, Google docs, Google drive, Google Hangouts, Google Sheets, Discord, Zoom
- Online marketplaces: Amazon Seller Central, Amazon Author Central; Amazon Associates Central, Facebook Marketplace
- Office software: MicroSoft Excel, Word; One Note; PowerPoint; Outlook, Otter
- Creative software: Canva, Grammarly, XRecorder, Hightlight Cover Maker (IG), IGTV
- Email applications: Mozilla Thunderbird
- GSR Architectural – United States
- Peter O’Connor – Ireland
- Mark Kennedy & Co. – Ireland
- 3to5 Club / Rising Phoenix Business Community / Re-HUMAN-izing the Workplace – United States
- Steed & Style – South Africa
- Alliance Earth / Dung Beetle Project – South Africa
- Step Right Foot Clinic – Ireland
- Light Switches and Smart Innovations – South Africa
- Finest Kind – South Africa
- Blendi Snacks – South Africa
- Dierbare Ontmoetingen – Netherlands
GET TO KNOW
What is the most noteworthy thing you have ever made yourself?
I feel like this is a tough one to answer, considering my age. I have done more noteworthy things than I have made. I have produced good pieces of writing, or so the few fans of my work tell me. The general genre I focus on is mainly fiction and I have one novel in progress. I have also written one song (so far) and made my own short melodies with my keyboard and, electric and classical guitars. I, unfortunately, have the jack of all trades and master of none thing going on. Despite the denotative view on that, I am very determined to become the master of most – if not all – of what I love doing
What unusual place would you like to visit and why?
I have always wanted to visit an area near a place called Cherrapunji, now called Sohra. This place is in Northeast India and is basically a forest. It has rainfall throughout the year and is known to be the wettest place in the world. I’d like to go to this place because of the crazy tree bridges that the locals grow. Yes, I mean the trees themselves act as bridges…it’s hard to imagine so I suggest you check it out too. These fig trees have a specific type of root that locals have manipulated in a particular direction over years and even generations. The other reason why I’d love to visit Sohra is because, if you haven’t guessed already, I am a nature lover.
What is your best hidden talent?
I believe my hidden talent is dancing. All thanks to the inspiring and educational Step Up movies.